Friday, February 4, 2011

Windows updates

I officially hate Windows updates. The fact that they are so intrusive destroys the entire purpose of having a good user experience! Why is it that if I leave my computer on overnight to say, run a long job (or download some large items :D), and all of a sudden I wake up in the morning to find out that Microsoft forced updates on me and rebooted the comp? It's always hilarious when I see lecturers presenting with a powerpoint and then have intrusive popup for these updates take over the screen!

I like what Google does with Chrome though. A small notification appears that then tells you to reinstall. However whenever you restart Chrome it will auto install. Yes it's slightly intrusive but it does not do anything forcefully.

1 comment:

  1. Because Windows isn't always intuitive? I remember being really worried that my laptop would decide to update in between the time I set it out and when the fake Ditch day stack started.

    ReplyDelete