Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Actual content #1

So... Actual content? Does this site have any? Sometimes. Yes. Most of the times, copied? Maybe. But I'm not entirely sure what actual content revolves around. Either way I'll just spew about my day today.

I got a matte screen protector for my mac today (thanks to the anonymous person who helped me order). It definitely makes the shinyness of the screen go down by a tad. Not as much as I would have hoped for but it seems that with a more matte screen the graininess of the protector starts to obscure the vision of the screen. Either way, it makes my macbook nicer to look at. No longer is it a 2000$ mirror!

I hope it helps my vision though. My parents from when I was a kid always found it really scary whenever I sat any sort of close to the TV. They thought that my eyes would deteriorate like a monkey and just go poof. I guess they never wanted me to wear glasses even though I do now for fun (ironic isn't it).

The main piece of software I've been using recently is focus booster. What it does is have a timer for 25 minutes in which a person is supposed to concentrate on doing a task. Then there are 5 minute break intervals for a bit of relief. This is known as the pomodoro (Italian for tomato) technique. It's quite interesting though I'm still having lots of difficulty trying to focus during that 25 minutes of time. I'll see how it goes and post more about it later.

Most exciting thing is that Rankmaniac finally updated! I wonder why it came up all of a sudden. The sister sites are going at it too but not anywhere close on the radar just yet. This project is still a bit wishy washy in my mind though. I don't feel much academic gain from it at all. Mostly just a side venture that I'm probably spending way too much time on. Though if I really do need a website later on it might help.

I also realized that with the keyboard protector on my mac that I type alot slower. The protector is nice though since it prevents my shiny Mac from getting infested with crumbs and bits that like to float around. And hair! Oh the hair is so annoying to get out. Hmm I think I've ranting too much right now! But my hair needs to be cut. Yup.

That's a good update of actual content thats probably insanely boring. Okay will post funny stuff later. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment